Nevereal Games

Count to 10,000

Count to 10,000

Report Topic
Erwin #781
  29 Mar 2015 - 18:27
User posted content

ErwinDeveloper Site

Quantity over HighQuality
Group: User
Posts: 106
Joined: 05 Mar 2013
781


I tried to add this image. Then realised it wouldn't work.

https://www.colourbox.com/preview/6898750-dry-soilof-a-barren-land-with-single-growing-plant-and-watering-can.jpg
Post last edited by Erwin: 29 Mar 2015 - 18:29
There are no rules on how obnoxious our signature can be...
o6jjox.gif
0
Erwin #782
  29 Mar 2015 - 18:28
User posted content

ErwinDeveloper Site

Quantity over HighQuality
Group: User
Posts: 106
Joined: 05 Mar 2013
782

I tried to delete this post. Then realised it wouldn't work.
Post last edited by Erwin: 29 Mar 2015 - 18:30
There are no rules on how obnoxious our signature can be...
o6jjox.gif
0
Aidiakapi #783
  29 Mar 2015 - 22:00
User posted content

AidiakapiDeveloper Site

Nevereal Someone
Group: User
Posts: 853
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
783

I tried to post this post. Then I realized it was posted.
Finally a new signature.
0
HexZyle #784
  21 Apr 2015 - 17:23
User posted content

HexZyleDeveloper Site

McDonalds' Employee
Group: User
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
784
I've got another idea for a game, a sort of visual novel computer sim (in the spirit of Digital and Analogue) where you are entrusted with being a "prison guard" for a sentient virus. Your task is to ensure it doesn't send out any trigger messages to its puppet viruses which have infected hundreds of thousands of computers worldwide, all the while repairing the antivirus vault it's stored in whenever it manages to wreak havoc from the inside.
To make it more difficult, it's always trying to mess with the GUI, and may or may not even resort to the usage of moe moe.jpg
There are ways you can be lenient with the virus, but being too soft will result in its escape, while being cruelly efficient with its containment will encourage it to make your life difficult in any way possible.
Post last edited by HexZyle: 21 Apr 2015 - 18:00
6ReMW3V-wmWv-e3m.jpg
xnszfCT.jpg
0
red3dred #785
  21 Apr 2015 - 18:49
User posted content

red3dredDeveloper Site

Nevereal Member
Group: User
Posts: 369
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
785!

Hello! I've been gone for... forever... Yeah... The website was "down" (Just inacessible) for a while due to updates that were made and that made me forget to access almost everyday as i did in the past, game making in general became slower and having both Tech school and school was overly time consuming... But now that i finished both of those, i have yet another problem, called graduation. Its worse, its more time and effort consuming, but at least its only 1 thing. For now... Until i get a job. Real life is a pain... I'm pretty sure everyone here understands that as they are older, more experient coders than me (Except HQ, i know you're younger than me! But still more experienced...) but at least on my studies and time away from the community i had the experience of making real programs, creating tiny robotics, and creating a home-made Solar Generator DC to AC converter that impressed my teacher... Assembly and C++ are now known to me and Cobol and C# are coming ahead. I hope to be able to understand what you guys write soon! =P

So, for those who don't wanna bother reading all that, i'll just say i'm back, i won't be here as frequently, but i'm not dead yet.
Hello everyone, and nice to see familiar faces still around!

<edit>
So, all that said, what has changed over here in the meanwhile i was MIA? I see Wuka World 2 will become Wuka World Remake? Many changes have happened to the website? Community has been growing? I'd like to ask a briefing but that would be too bothersome to ask given i am a random person who just returned.
Post last edited by red3dred: 21 Apr 2015 - 18:59
redsignature.gif
0
Aidiakapi #786
  22 Apr 2015 - 22:27
User posted content

AidiakapiDeveloper Site

Nevereal Someone
Group: User
Posts: 853
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
786

Welcome back, I know the feeling of not having much time on my hands. My study's, and some medical and personal issues are taking up all my time. (Extremely brief, lost both my grandmas and my cat in the past 4 months, been sick 4 weeks out of the 8 in the last block of school.)

However, a short summary. HQ was busy since the summer up until now, he has decided to import WW1's assets into the new engine. I'm guessing it's because the amount of time and effort creating content consumes, and he just lacks that. He'd rather be spending it on making the engine more functional, and then provide improved tooling for the community to pinch in and help.
We'll see where it brings us :3.
Finally a new signature.
0
red3dred #787
  23 Apr 2015 - 04:27
User posted content

red3dredDeveloper Site

Nevereal Member
Group: User
Posts: 369
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
787!
Aidiakapi wrote:
Welcome back, I know the feeling of not having much time on my hands. My study's, and some medical and personal issues are taking up all my time. (Extremely brief, lost both my grandmas and my cat in the past 4 months, been sick 4 weeks out of the 8 in the last block of school.)
Sorry to hear, had a few problems myself like my dad betraying my mom for the third time, running away from home and cutting all contact. Never truly liked the guy, but family is family... My grandfather also is fighting cancer, but he's winning so far, so things are upbeat, kinda. Hope you get better times sir!
Aidiakapi wrote:
However, a short summary. HQ was busy since the summer up until now, he has decided to import WW1's assets into the new engine. I'm guessing it's because the amount of time and effort creating content consumes, and he just lacks that. He'd rather be spending it on making the engine more functional, and then provide improved tooling for the community to pinch in and help.
We'll see where it brings us :3.

Well, i love to pinch in and help, but i'm not good at it. =P

Best of luck to HQ with that, i wish to have fun with his game for sure! =D
redsignature.gif
0
Aidiakapi #788
  24 Apr 2015 - 16:16
User posted content

AidiakapiDeveloper Site

Nevereal Someone
Group: User
Posts: 853
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
788 Counting is hard, mkay?

Thanks, well, life is life, and shit happens, but you just gotta go on. Which isn't always easy :P.

Anyways, that moment when you're supposed to be "The Expert":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Post last edited by Aidiakapi: 28 Apr 2015 - 06:24
Finally a new signature.
0
red3dred #789
  25 Apr 2015 - 12:04
User posted content

red3dredDeveloper Site

Nevereal Member
Group: User
Posts: 369
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Aidiakapi wrote:
789 It's like 123 all over again.

Now i don't have to write that! Heh. =3
Aidiakapi wrote:
Anyways, that moment when you're supposed to be "The Expert":

Well, i can see your point... but maybe you shouldn't have made it out of transparent black ink. (As an eletronic technician i feel like that a lot, as people often fear unplugged, unconnected, electronics with no mean of holding energy may shock them...)

By the way, on a side-note, i noticed (And pressed) the controller button under my own name, leading to a blank page saying i am responsible for my content... I see that is the new developer page, and its nice to have it, however it seems to be a little shallow for now. (Didn't attempt to modify it yet, as there were no tools to do so on said page, but i'll try to later when i don't have a math test.) Thanks for the admins of the website for that feature, i hope it might get more sub-features in the future, as it would be greatly useful to describe each user as a small dev. (I don't mean to call anyone small, its just that you're a singular person =P)
Post last edited by red3dred: 25 Apr 2015 - 12:09
redsignature.gif
0
Luis #790
  25 Apr 2015 - 16:33
User posted content

LuisDeveloper Site

Carpe Diem
Group: Founder
Posts: 273
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Website: Visit
red3dred wrote:
Aidiakapi wrote:
789 It's like 123 all over again.

Now i don't have to write that! Heh. =3
Aidiakapi wrote:
Anyways, that moment when you're supposed to be "The Expert":

Well, i can see your point... but maybe you shouldn't have made it out of transparent black ink. (As an eletronic technician i feel like that a lot, as people often fear unplugged, unconnected, electronics with no mean of holding energy may shock them...)

By the way, on a side-note, i noticed (And pressed) the controller button under my own name, leading to a blank page saying i am responsible for my content... I see that is the new developer page, and its nice to have it, however it seems to be a little shallow for now. (Didn't attempt to modify it yet, as there were no tools to do so on said page, but i'll try to later when i don't have a math test.) Thanks for the admins of the website for that feature, i hope it might get more sub-features in the future, as it would be greatly useful to describe each user as a small dev. (I don't mean to call anyone small, its just that you're a singular person =P)

790. You can actually edit it from your account settings page... That being said, it was a feature which was implemented a couple of months ago, but the copyright notice was never updated to a friendlier statement!
Nevereal Games Webmaster
0
Aidiakapi #791
  28 Apr 2015 - 06:26
User posted content

AidiakapiDeveloper Site

Nevereal Someone
Group: User
Posts: 853
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
791

You can always use the code I posted somewhere, or just rip it off of "view-source" off my page: http://aidiakapi.nevereal.net/

Gets rid of everything on the page :P.
Finally a new signature.
0
HexZyle #792
  19 Dec 2015 - 14:17
User posted content

HexZyleDeveloper Site

McDonalds' Employee
Group: User
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
792

No-one still counting? I started actually working on that game I mentioned beforehand, I first started though with a couple weeks just scribbling up fake screenshots, game propoganda, and art assets, and since the game's primarily GUI (I used to hate programming menus) I thought it'd be far easier and more enjoyable to just make what I want the gui to look like in an image editor, and then load in the assets and try to replicate it with programming.

I'm programming it for the 3DS as someone released a LUA interpreter for it and added some plugins for it to draw graphics as well, which I jumped straight on, seeing as it's a simple script language and I don't need any fancy programs on my PC.

It's sort of a light project, not really following it strongly but I certainly have been more consistant with it than with anything else I've programmed. Here's an (actual live 3DS) screenshot.

screenshot02.png
Post last edited by HexZyle: 19 Dec 2015 - 16:55
6ReMW3V-wmWv-e3m.jpg
xnszfCT.jpg
0
Aidiakapi #793
  16 Jan 2016 - 15:30
User posted content

AidiakapiDeveloper Site

Nevereal Someone
Group: User
Posts: 853
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
793

A few others and myself joined in the last Ludum Dare, the result: http://gamejolt.com/games/boltstorm/114875 (official LD link: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-34/?action=preview&uid=46151).
Sadly I fell ill during the jam, and had to go home halfway through, but still it's a funny little thing.
Finally a new signature.
0
0 members and 2 guests are browsing this topic